Anti-wrinkle injections for a more youthful appearance
Skin wrinkles, creases and lines are a natural part of ageing that many of us wish we could control. At Rejuven8 Cosmetix we use innovative and artistic techniques in our anti-wrinkle treatments to turn back the visible effects of aging and prevent the formation of future wrinkles on the skin. Our anti-wrinkle injections are individualised to your unique facial features and specific needs, always ensuring that results are effective while maintaining a natural looking appearance.
With over 20 years of proven experience in treating patients with anti-wrinkle injections, the Rejuven8 Cosmetix team on the Gold Coast is dedicated to delivering exceptional results with minimal discomfort. We provide a tailored solution specifically designed to meet your needs that will give you a natural look with beautiful results. We provide a full range of muscle relaxant products and our experienced practitioners can advise you on the best way to use these products to reduce wrinkles in both the upper and lower face.
Contact us today to learn more about our anti-wrinkle treatments and how we can help you look and feel your best.
As we age, our skin’s elasticity decreases, making it less able to bounce back after a long day of screen time or an afternoon spent squinting into the sun. Static lines form around our eyes, forehead, and mouth as the skin loses its ability to remain taut. This can give us an aged look before our time. The most common static lines in our faces are lines between the eyebrows (Frown Lines), lines around the eyes (Crow’s Feet), forehead lines (Worry Lines) and lip lines (Smokers Lines). Wrinkles also occur on the nose, chin and around the mouth.
Our anti-wrinkle treatments are designed to help you fight the signs of ageing and keep your skin looking younger for longer. Contact us to discuss the best treatment for you
Our expertly crafted anti-wrinkle treatments effectively relax the muscles in the area and soften existing wrinkles, reducing the appearance of lines. They also prevent the formation of new wrinkles with their ability to ‘turn off’ specific muscles.
Anti-wrinkle injections are the most cost-effective anti-ageing cosmetic treatment, with results visible in as little as 3-5 days. The procedure only takes a few minutes and you can resume your normal activities right away. They are the most popular non-surgical anti-ageing treatment in the world, with the highest patient satisfaction ratings of any cosmetic procedure.
In preparation for your treatment session:
- A Complimentary Consultation can be done immediately before your treatment to ensure that this treatment is appropriate and safe for you to have done and assess the number of units required to achieve your desired result
- Avoid taking blood thinning medications and supplements – these increase the risk of severe bruising
- Avoid alcohol for 48hrs before treatment – this increases the risk of severe bruising
- Avoid excess sun exposure prior to your treatment
- Avoid skin exfoliating treatments such as Facial Peels prior to your treatment
- Avoid any cosmetic treatments that may lead to inflammation or peeling prior to your treatment
- Please ‘ask the team’ or call the clinic for detailed advice on how to prepare for your treatment
After the treatment:
- Your practitioner will provide you with a written aftercare instruction sheet with advice on what to expect after your treatment and how to look after it
- You may experience redness and mild discomfort in the areas treated that will settle over a few minutes
- If bruising has occurred this will settle spontanrously over a few days and can be covered with concealer if needed
- You are advised to do exaggerated facial expressions using the muscles injected for 1/2 hour after the treatment
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours
- Avoid excess sun exposure for 24 hours
- You must not rub, scratch or scrub the areas injected for 24 hours
- High quality cosmeceutical mineral makeup can be applied immediately after the treatment
- Is advisable to book a ‘follow up’ appointment 2 weeks after the treatment to review the progress of your treatment
- Please ‘ask the team’ or call the clinic for detailed advice on your post treatment aftercare
Anti-Wrinkle Injections are performed by Cosmetic Doctors & Registered Nurses. Pricing is as follows:
- Performed by Doctor $5.72 / D unit
- Performed by Nurse $4.07 / D unit
- Performed by Doctor $14.30 / L unit
- Performed by Nurse $10.17 / L unit
- Performed by Doctor $16.50 / B unit
- Performed by Nurse $13.20 / B unit
- Performed by Doctor $16.50 / X unit
- Performed by Nurse $13.20 / X unit
Note: each Standard unit injected contains 1 x B unit OR 1 x X unit OR 1 L unit OR 2.5 x D units. Unfortunately, due to government restrictions on advertising, we cannot mention the specific names of these products.
What are anti-wrinkle treatments?
Anti-Wrinkle treatments involve the use of Botulinum Toxin A, which is a natural toxin that reduces muscle activity to soften lines. It works by blocking nerve signals, leading to the relaxation of muscles and helping to reduce wrinkles.
Why do people get wrinkles?
Wrinkles are caused by a combination of factors, such as sun exposure, genetics, facial expressions and the natural aging process. As we age, our facial muscles become weaker and the skin becomes thinner and less elastic, resulting in wrinkles. As we age, our skin naturally loses collagen and hyaluronic acid stores and the new production of these substances stops. As a result, even after the muscle movement stops, a visible wrinkle forms on the skin, which is known as a ‘static’ wrinkle.
What areas can be treated?
Anti-wrinkle treatment can be used on the following areas:
- Frown area – one of the facial expressions that can make you look angry or grumpy when you’re not
- Forehead area – one of the largest muscles on the face. It is responsible for raising the eyebrows and creating those ‘corrugated’ wrinkles on the forehead
- Eye area – there are 2 circular muscles around the eyes very similar to the one around the mouth. They create the ‘scrunched’ look around the eyes when we squint to form what is commonly called ‘crow’s feet’.
- Nose area – there are muscles around the nose that form a ‘snarling’ expression creating what we commonly call ‘bunny lines’ across the bridge of the nose.
- Chin area – there are a couple of concerns that can occur in the chin area. One is the ‘chin crease’ which is a horizontal wrinkle almost separating the chin from the lower lip area and the other is chin dimpling usually seen with sucking movements.
- Lip and mouth area – there is one large circular muscle around the mouth that creates a pursed movement to form vertical lip wrinkles on the upper and lower lip.
- Marionette area – these are muscles that pull the corner of the mouth down to create a ‘down-turned’ smile and deep grooves that run from the corner of the mouth to the jawline.
How long do anti-wrinkle injections take to work?
Anti-wrinkle injections begin to work within 3-5 days reaching maximum effect after 14 days.
How long do the effects of anti-wrinkle injections last?
The effect from Anti-wrinkle injections lasts a few months, gradually wearing off from around 2 months onwards. It is advisable to repeat the anti-wrinkle injections every 3 months to achieve the best results otherwise the full effects will usually wear off after 4-6 months depending on the dose used and the area injected. The longevity of any injectable product varies significantly between persons as a result of differences in metabolism, diet & exercise routines, general health, medications & supplements and of course, the amount of injectable product used.
Will my skin appear frozen and unnatural?
No it doesn’t have to. Anti-wrinkle injections are administered in tiny doses so you can still be able to move your face naturally if the total dose injected is more conservative. When Anti-Wrinkle Injections are done correctly, they should give you a natural and refreshed look while still allowing you to make the same facial expressions.
Who isn’t a candidate for anti-wrinkle injections?
Anti-Wrinkle Injections are not to be used in patients younger than 18 years old, pregnant women or breastfeeding mothers. Those with a history of neuromuscular diseases such as Multiple Sclerosis, Myasthenia Gravis or Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis should not receive injections. It is important to discuss your medical history with your cosmetic practitioner to ensure this treatment is right for you. Your safety is our priority and we only use evidence-based medicine within our clinic.
Do anti-wrinkle injections hurt?
While everyone experiences pain differently, anti-wrinkle injections cause more discomfort than pain in the short term. The majority of patients describe the injections as a brief ‘pin prick’ that fades quickly, similar to receiving a vaccination or having a blood sample drawn. Following the procedure, there may be some minor redness and swelling in the area, which should go away within an hour or two.
How many units will I require and how much will they cost?
The number of Anti-wrinkle injection units needed will be determined by your unique face and the number of wrinkles you wish to treat as well as the ‘overall’ look you want to achieve. It is important for our male clients to appreciate that male muscles are much more powerful and require virtually ‘double’ the number of units to achieve the same result when a female face. During your consultation, one of our cosmetic practitioners will determine your dosage, which can be immediately followed by your treatment. Before your treatment begins, you will always be asked to approve the number of units and the cost.
Who performs the treatment?
In Australia, Anti-wrinkle injections are classified as Schedule 4 drugs and can only be administered by a doctor or a Registered Nurse. We are a cosmetic medical clinic with experienced doctors and registered nurses performing all treatments on-site. All of our cosmetic injecting nurses are fully trained and certified by Dr Lindsey Hooke and are highly experienced, have full AHPRA registration and participate in continuing education to stay up to date on the latest developments and techniques.
BEFORE & AFTER GALLERY
Book a consultation
Your aesthetic concerns are unique to you, which is why we recommend scheduling a Complimentary Consultation to discuss your specific needs and expectations. During the consultation, our experienced team of specialists will discuss which treatments are appropriate and provide a tailored treatment plan that is best suited to achieve results within your budget. We prioritize open communication and informed decision-making, ensuring that you feel confident and comfortable throughout your aesthetic journey.
Rest assured that our dedicated team is dedicated to your safety, satisfaction, and achieving the best possible outcomes. We look forward to welcoming you for your consultation and embarking on this transformative experience together. Your unique vision is our top priority, and we're excited to help you achieve it.