MINT Mono PDO Threads
From brightening your skin to rejuvenating your overall appearance, MINT Mono PDO Threads stimulate natural collagen and elastin within the skin. Tightening facial contours and improving loose tissue in a single session. These single smooth threads are placed beneath the epidermis to encourage cell renewal in a minimally invasive manner.
MINT™ Mono PDO threads are used for skin rejuvenation through the stimulation of collagen which creates a strengthening and tightening effect on the skin. It is a minimally invasive procedure, involving the insertion of threads via a micro cannula and can be used to treat sections of the face such as the eyes, jowls, jawline, mouth, neck, cheek, and chin areas. The threads themselves are very similar to a dissolvable suture and breakdown naturally over 3 months, however the results can last up to 12 months.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation and discuss your skin concerns. We look forward to helping you achieve the healthy and glowing complexion you’ve always wanted!
MINT Mono PDO threads are a colourless bioresorbable artificial polymer called polydioxanone (PDO) which undergoes complete biodegradation within the skin. These threads have a 30 year long safety track record for use in orthopaedic and cardiovascular surgery and for wound closure.
PDO causes minimal tissue reaction and tissue trauma as the safe raw material is completely absorbed when it reacts over time with the water naturally occurring within the body.
MINT Mono PDO Threads is Australian TGA approved and backed by clinical studies for its efficacy and safety.
Insertion of multiple Polydioxanone (PDO) mono threads in an area, creates a mesh that acts as a support network for the skin tissue. The mono insertion provides an immediate visible tightening effect whilst stimulating the natural collagen production within the skin. This then stimulates skin rejuvenation to create vitality, elasticity and a brighter skin tone which improves the appearance of minor wrinkles, folds, and saggy skin.
The embedded threads are gradually reabsorbed over a period of 3 to 4 months via biological absorption or hydrolysis.
The mono threads produce and increase collagen around the threads. Although the effects are immediately apparent, maximum tension is reached sometime later (between 2 to 3 months). It is recommended to have 2 treatments 3 months apart with maintenance treatments performed annually thereafter. However, it is important to remember that the effects of a MINT™ MONO PDO thread treatment can be substantially enhanced by other additional injectable and dermal therapy treatments that improve skin texture and elasticity. The result is long-lasting rejuvenation of the skin and subcutaneous tissue with improved tone, texture, and tightness.
In preparation for your treatment session:
- A Complimentary Consultation should be done prior to booking a Mint Mono PDO thread treatment
- Avoid taking blood thinning medications and supplements – these increase the risk of severe bruising
- Avoid alcohol for 48hrs before treatment – this increases the risk of severe bruising
- Avoid having Fillers injected in the same area for 4 weeks prior to your treatment
- Healite LED light therapy in the week prior to the treatment is advisable to ‘condition’ the skin ready for the treatment
- Please ‘ask the team’ or call the clinic for detailed advice on how to prepare for your treatment
After the treatment:
- Your practitioner will provide you with a written aftercare instruction sheet with advice on what to expect after your treatment and how to look after it
- You may experience redness, bruising and mild discomfort in the areas treated that will settle over a few days
- Cold compresses and ice can be used if necessary
- Clean the skin with a gentle cleanser for 2 days and do not use any ‘active’ or acidic skin care for 2 days. Please ask your therapist for advice on the perfect post treatment skin care regimen to enhance and complement your results
- Avoid strenuous exercise with excess sweating for 2 days
- Avoid swimming in pools for 1 week
- Avoid excess sun exposure for 2 weeks
- High quality cosmeceutical mineral makeup can be applied the day after the treatment
- You may see some ‘light yellow/green’ discolouration on the skin that will settle over a few days
- Healite LED light therapy in the week after the treatment is advisable to promote healing, minimise redness & bruising and reduce downtime
- Is advisable to book a ‘follow up’ appointment 2-4 weeks after the treatment to review the progress of your treatment
- Please ‘ask the team’ or call the clinic for detailed advice on your post treatment aftercare
MINT™ MONO PDO threads
A Complimentay Consultation to assess & discuss your speciific concerns is required prior to booking a MINT™ MONO PDO thread treatment. At the consultation, your practitioner will inform you of the number of threads required to treat the area of concern and provide you wil an accurate quote for the cost of the treatment recommended. The following is a guide for the average cost of treating the areas listed. MINT™ MONO PDO threads are performed by Registered Nurses. Price per area treated:
Corners of the mouth:
Mouth area – upper lip wrinkles:
Eye area – crows feet wrinkles:
Wrinkles on cheeks seen when smiling:
Nasolabial fold – groove from nostril to outer upper lip:
Lower 1/3rd of the face:
Area directly underneath the chin:
Jawline & upper neck area:
- Add Healite LED Light to reduce the risk & severity of bruising and promote rapid recovery $49
What are MINT™ MONO PDO threads?
MINT™ MONO PDO threads are also sometimes known as a Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT). It is a minimally invasive, results orientated treatment. For the most optimal results, the ideal candidate should have a skin layer that is not too thin or too thick and not extremely uneven. The skin should be thin enough so that MINT™ MONO PDO can make a visible difference and thick enough, so that the threads are not too close to the surface of the skin.
Why do people need MINT™ MONO PDO threads?
MINT™ MONO PDO threads is a treatment used to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and loose skin by creating skin tightening. The threads stimulate collagen production in the skin which helps to reduce the visible signs of aging. The collagen stimulated by the threads can also help reduce the appearance of acne scars or any other scars that are caused by injury.
What does MINT™ MONO PDO threads treat?
Areas commonly treated with MINT™ MONO PDO threads include:
- Eyes – the fine wrinkles that form around and underneath the eyes from facial expression can be very effectively treated;
- Mouth area – treatments can soften vertical lip or ‘smokers lines’ and help smooth out dimpled and crepey skin;
- Grooves around the mouth and nose – there are grooves that can form from the nostrils to the corner of the upper lip and from the corner of the mouth to sides of the chin which can be dramatically improved with threads;
- Lower Face – treatments can be used as a generalised treatment on the skin of the face to stimulate the production of collagen & elastin and give the skin a smoother more radiant texture and tone;
- Jawline – loose skin can form around the jawline with jowls creating a poorly defined jawline. Threads can generate a tightening of the area to redefine the jawline and plump out the skin;
- Submental (sagging skin underneath the chin) – the treatment can be used to improve the ‘pouch’ of loose skin that can form directly underneath the chin;
- Neck – when MINT™ MONO PDO threads are used on the neck, they will create a ‘tightening’ effect which will smooth out fine wrinkles and rings of creases.
- Scarring – an effective treatment to improve acne scarring.
MINT™ MONO PDO thread treatments are greatly enhanced by the additional use of Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and Healite LED light therapy.
How long do the results of MINT™ MONO PDO threads last?
Although the effects are immediately apparent, maximum tension is reached sometime later (between 2 to 3 months). It is recommended to have 2 treatments 3 months apart with maintenance treatments performed annually thereafter.
Are MINT MONO PDO threads safe?
MINT™ MONO PDO threads are made from a complex sugar polydioxanone or PDO – a safe suture material that has been used in orthopaedic and cardiovascular surgeries for over 30 years. Not only that, MINT™ MONO PDO threads is also backed by more than 6 years of published studies for its safety and is the first and only PDO suture in the US market to have received dual FDA clearances.
Is the procedure painful?
Most people report that the process is relatively painless, with minimal discomfort due to the use of numbing creams. However, some people may experience mild discomfort during the procedure depending on the area being treated and individual pain tolerance.
Are there any side effects?
The most common side effect of threading is redness, swelling, bruising and tenderness in the area treated. Bruising and tenderness can be pronounced in some areas but will resolve over 1-2 weeks. It is also common to see a slight green tinge in some areas where the threads have been inserted because the threads are coated in a blue film which settles over a few days.
What is the cost?
The cost of treatment varies depending on the area to be treated and the number of treatments required. During your consultation, one of our cosmetic medical professionals will determine the cost for you.
BEFORE & AFTER GALLERY
Book a consultation
Your aesthetic concerns are unique to you, which is why we recommend scheduling a Complimentary Consultation to discuss your specific needs and expectations. During the consultation, our experienced team of specialists will discuss which treatments are appropriate and provide a tailored treatment plan that is best suited to achieve results within your budget. We prioritize open communication and informed decision-making, ensuring that you feel confident and comfortable throughout your aesthetic journey.
Rest assured that our dedicated team is dedicated to your safety, satisfaction, and achieving the best possible outcomes. We look forward to welcoming you for your consultation and embarking on this transformative experience together. Your unique vision is our top priority, and we're excited to help you achieve it.