Scar correction treatments
Scars can significantly reduce the quality of your life and affect how you feel about yourself, whether they are the result of an injury, burn, acne or surgery. Our broad range of scar correction treatments can help reduce the appearance of scars on the skin of the face and body. We will develop a treatment plan that addresses all the various aspects of a scar and involve all your Rejuven8 Cosmetix Team whether it's to flatten a raised itchy scar or lift a white sunken scar - we have a solution.
Our range of scar correction treatments often involves input from the entire Rejuven8 Cosmetix clinical team and aims to minimise scarring so that it ultimately matches the tone and texture of your natural skin. By combining conventional medical treatments and cosmetic technologies, our qualified practitioners will improve the appearance of scars to restore your confidence and self esteem. We tailor treatment to suit your skin type and the type of scarring involved.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation and learn how Rejuven8 Cosmetix can help you improve the appearance of scarring. Our experts are always available to answer your questions and advise you on the best scar correction treatments for you.
Scar correction treatments aim to minimise the visual appearance of scars even though they cannot ‘remove’ the scar from the skin. Treatments often start with injectable medications which can flatten a raised, red itchy scar and treatments progress to technology-based treatments involving the use of lasers and skin needling devices to improve the colour and texture of the scar. The result is smoother, more uniform skin with reduced visibility of the scar.
At our clinic, we use the latest technologies and techniques to provide the most effective scar-reduction treatments available. Our professional team of medical experts can help you choose the right laser treatment for your specific skin condition and scar type.
Scar correction treatments are tailored to the specific type of scar considering the visual appearance of the scar and any associated symptoms or sensations felt in the area. Injectable treatments use medications to flatten a raised scar and reduce any redness or irritation while laser and needling treatments aim to affect the colour and texture of the scar. Treatments are repeated frequently to maximise the results and achieve a quick improvement in the appearance of the scar.
The aim of all scar correction treatments is to minimise the appearance of scarring and achieve a more natural looking area so that the scar ‘blends in’ with the surrounding skin. Ultimately, the scar should be flat, less red or pigmented and texturally like the surrounding skin. The reduced appearance of scarring can have a huge impact on self-confidence and self-esteem which is our goal when treating all types of scars.
In preparation for your treatment session:
- A Complimentary Consultation can be done immediately prior to your Scar Correction treatment
- Avoid excess sun exposure prior to your treatment
- Avoid skin exfoliating treatments such as Facial Peels and Epi-blade Dermaplaning prior to your treatment
- Avoid any cosmetic treatments that may lead to inflammation or peeling prior to your treatment
- Please ‘ask the team’ or call the clinic for detailed advice on how to prepare for your treatment
After the treatment:
- Your practitioner will provide you with a written aftercare instruction sheet with advice on what to expect after your treatment and how to look after it
- Clean the skin with a gentle cleanser for 2 days and do not use any ‘active’ skin care for 2 days
- High quality cosmeceutical mineral makeup can be applied the day after the treatment
- Avoid swimming, exercise and sun exposure for 1 week
- Please ‘ask the team’ or call the clinic for detailed advice on your post treatment aftercare
Scar Correction Treatments
Scar Correction Treatments are performed by Cosmetic Doctors and Registered Nurses. Pricing depends upon the treatment recommended.
Examples of Treatments for Scar Correction:
- Injection Cortisone +\- 5 Fluourouracil Single Scar $90.45
- Dermapen Skin Needling Single Scar $150
- Laser Genesis Single Scar $68
- Full Face Microdermabrasion $115
- Full Face Hydrabrasion $115
- Facial Peel FROM $75
- Scar Camouflage with Cosmetic Tattooist FROM $250
Scar Dermsl Skin Filler (1/2 ml)
- Performed By Doctor $390
- Performed By Nurse $310
What is scar correction?
Unfortunately, there are not many of us who don’t have a scar somewhere on our body. These can be traumatic scars from an injury, surgical scars after a procedure, infective or inflammatory scars that can be seen with acne sufferers or keloid and hypertrophic scars which are an abnormal form of healing that occurs in some people. Scar correction treatments are a range of cosmetic and medical treatments aimed at reducing the visible appearance of scars on the skin.
Why do people need scar correction treatments?
Scars come in various forms and occur in all skin types. When they are coloured or raised, they can negatively affect self-confidence and self-esteem. Other scars can be symptomatic being itchy and irritated or tender and inflamed. Scar correction treatments are quick and easy to have done and relatively pain free. Improving the overall appearance of scars and visually blending them into the surrounding skin can eliminate symptoms and boost your well being.
What can scar correction treatments treat?
The following are common types of scars that can be improved by cosmetic treatments:
- Simple pale surgical scars – the scar is flat and free of any symptoms but the skin is paler than the surrounding skin;
- Depressed/sunken scars – the scar may be skin coloured, brown, red or pale but it is noticeably sunken when compared to the surrounding tissues;
- Raised hypertrophic and keloid scars – these scars result from an abnormality in the healing process. They can form after trauma, surgery or acne and are usually raised, occasionally itchy and often red in colour when compared to the surrounding skin;
- Multiple pit scars from acne – these are small skin-coloured ‘holes’ in the skin that commonly occur on the face, chest and back.
How long do the results of scar correction last?
The final effects of scar correction treatments are long lasting apart from keloid scar treatments. Scar correction treatments are repeated and modified until the desired result is achieved but with keloid scar treatments the keloid will want to reform over time so it may require further treatments later.
Are scar correction treatments safe?
Yes, scar correction treatments are generally considered safe but it is important to know that scars are varied and require a specific treatment plan to match the type of scarring you have. Some treatments are not safe to perform in pregnancy and breast feeding but your cosmetic practitioner will discuss your treatment plan at your initial consultation.
Are scar correction treatments painful?
In general, scar correction treatments are quick and relatively pain free.
Are there any side effects?
Side effects from scar correction treatments vary according to the actual treatment performed but in general the immediate effects are redness, tenderness and possible bruising which settle over a few days.
What is the cost?
The cost of treatment varies depending on the area to be treated, the type of treatment required, and the number of treatments required. During your consultation, one of our cosmetic practitioners will determine the cost for you. Before your treatment begins, you will always be asked to approve the cost.
BEFORE & AFTER GALLERY
Book a consultation
Your aesthetic concerns are unique to you, which is why we recommend scheduling a Complimentary Consultation to discuss your specific needs and expectations. During the consultation, our experienced team of specialists will discuss which treatments are appropriate and provide a tailored treatment plan that is best suited to achieve results within your budget. We prioritize open communication and informed decision-making, ensuring that you feel confident and comfortable throughout your aesthetic journey.
Rest assured that our dedicated team is dedicated to your safety, satisfaction, and achieving the best possible outcomes. We look forward to welcoming you for your consultation and embarking on this transformative experience together. Your unique vision is our top priority, and we're excited to help you achieve it.